All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAwareness that many key aspects of public health are strongly influenced by climate growing dramatically, driven by new research and experience and fears of climate change and the research needed to underpin policy developments is growing rapidly. This awareness has yet to translate into a practical use of climate kwledge by health policy-makers. Evidence based policy and practice is the mantra of the health sector. If climate scientists are to contribute effectively to health policy at local and global scales then careful empirical studies must be undertaken - focused on the needs of the public health policy and decision-makers. Results presented at the Wengen conference make clear that the science and art of integrating climate kwledge into the control of climate sensitive diseases on a year to year time frame as well as careful assessments of the potential impacts of climate change on health outcomes over longer time frames is advancing rapidly on many fronts. This includes advances in the empirical understanding of mechanisms, methodologies for modeling future impacts, new partnership developments between the health and climate community along with access to relevant data resources, and education and training. In a rapidly evolving field this book provides a snapshot of these emerging themes.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleAdvances in Global Change Research
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 30
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight576 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMadeleine C. Thomson,Martin Beniston,Ricardo Garcia-Herrera
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.