All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAs Christians find themselves trapped in the rhetoric of platform, influence, retweets, and fame, they need a ladder out of the fray.Many of us live in a prison of self-absorption.Shackled withpride and despair, we compare ourselves to others constantly in our frantic, unending pursuit of perfection. Seated with Christgets to the root of this behavior and charts a path to freedom.Scripture says that God s beloved are seated with Christ in the heavens (Eph. 2:6), treasured by Him and given a place at His table.Heather Holleman unveils what this means for us.It means we walk out on the fight for acceptance. We quit measuring ourselves to others.We leap free from cycles of shame.Securely-seated people can ask themselves hard questions about their lives; they can deal with sin, grieve their losses, and move forward in hope. From a position of security andself-forgetfulness they can joyfully do the good works prepared for them uniquely. They can even celebrate the successes of others. Seated with Christ is a deeply personal, liberating look at a glorious truth: that we have a place at God's eternal table.
- Author BiographyHEATHER HOLLEMAN, PhD, is a popular speaker, writer, and college instructor. She is a faculty member of Penn State's English Department and teaches both freshman composition and advanced writing. Heather studied shame and narcissism for her doctoral work in English literature. She serves on the staff of Faculty Commons with Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) and helps direct the graduate student ministry at Penn State. She has received numerous teaching awards and her teaching philosophy finds its roots in what it means to be seated at the table. In addition to her full speaking schedule, Heather writes daily inspirational material that reaches thousands through social media. Heather lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, Ashley, and their two daughters.
- Author(s)Heather Holleman
- PublisherMoody Publishers
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Publishers
- Weight209 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byJoni Eareckson Tada
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.