Seattle Adventures - Seattle Memoirs Inspired by My Stint at Amazon.com by Kalpanik S (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the extended 2nd edition of the book released recently. Please te that any old reviews were for the older edition. ------------------------------------------------------------- Seattle, a medley of lush green hills surrounded by sw capped mountains and sparking blue waters. Amazon.com--an Internet company based in Seattle which has taken the stock markets by storm, and was transforming itself from an online retailer to an eCommerce platform, led by a CEO who leads this transformation but is t afraid to act goofy. In the middle of all this lands a techlogist from Silicon Valley who is looking for a youthful adventure. It begins as a story of a techlogist leaving behind his beloved Silicon Valley for Seattle. It unfolds into a moving story capturing Seattle's beauty, its interesting people and culture; and the inside scoop on the dot-com world. Techlogy. Invation. Humor. Wit. Imagination. They all come together very nicely in Seattle Adventures.
- Author BiographyKalpanik S. is an immigrant technologist who came to the USA on a fellowship from the University of California to study and do research in Computer Science in the late eighties. After completing his Graduate studies, Kalpanik worked at both large technology companies and small start-ups in Silicon Valley, Seattle, Nashville and Southern California. He has been writing a journal about his journey' though US, and he finally decided to get it published. Kalpanik (pronounced as Kaalp-Nik) means imaginary in Hindi. Author decided to use a pen name to allow him to separate his literary identity from his professional identity. Kalpanik is also a great observer, not only he is able to point to the uniqueness, oddity and eccentricity of places, people and culture, he cleverly stretches it for a comic effect, making us crack up page after page. However, even though his writing has great splashes of humor, it is also very thoughtful. Also, many of the plots, incidents and characters have a layer of a second meaning, delighting his readers when they figure out the cleverly hidden message, or the unexpected punchline, making his books cater to needs of both the readers who are looking for something light and refreshing, and those who want something more sophisticated. Kalpanik uses lot of photographs in his stories, using stunning imagery to enhance his stunning leaps of imagination and make the reader feel he is there with the author sharing his journey of adventure through space, time, life and love.
- Author(s)Kalpanik S
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.