All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSebastian: The Cat That Never Shaved is a story about a cat whose whiskers grew so long that he would trip over them. A little girl named Skimpy decided to braid his whiskers and tie them together up on the back of his neck so he could run without tripping. Then a little mouse who always wanted to be a cowboy decided he could ride the cat and hold onto his whiskers just like the cowboys when they held onto the reins while riding their horses. It's a story about a cat and mouse that secretly have a lot of fun together after everyone in the family has gone to bed at night. Sebastian: The Cat That Never Shaved is the first book in the Children's Now You Kw Series, and each book in the series ends with a positive message for the reader. Learn more about the Children's Now You Kw Series at www.childrenswyoukwseries.com.
- Author BiographyAbout the author: This story is based on an incident that took place in 1974 when my daughter, Kimberly (age 8), asked me if I would like to see a picture of a cat that never shaved. She then showed me a drawing she had done. She had drawn the cat's head at the top of the page and then drew his whiskers going way down to the bottom of the page. Faye was a crafter during the 1990's. She sculpted with chicken wire and won the President's Award for a large free-standing sculpted horse at the Tempe, Arizona Craft Show in 1993. She also writes poetry and philosophical sayings. Her favorite poem is If, by Rudyard Kipling.
- Author(s)Faye Thompson
- Date of Publication09/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Thackeray
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.