Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSecond Light, Stewart Warren's third collection of poetry, continues with the exploration of a life dedicated to what some call a spiritual journey or a personal evolution, but his sometimes raw and even irreverent descriptions of this passage blow the doors on pop psyche and high-minded spiritualism. This work is accessible, lyric, and filled with imagery that allows us to rediscover the land upon which we walk and the life inside the lives in which we believe we live. Whether flirting with time and space or beseeching the Creator to ackwledge how bravely we live this life, Stewart Warren helps us feel redeemed in our struggles but more ready than ever to lay them down.
- Author BiographyStewart S. Warren, writer and performance poet, was born 1950 into the affluent southern society of Tulsa, Oklahoma where, Stewart says, he was raised by slaves and all night gas station attendants. After completing 9th grade he hitch hiked out of the grasslands to find his teachers in the counter-culture of San Francisco and worlds beyond. Among other things, Stewart is an evocateur and whether seen as an instigator, community leader or troublemaker, he points out that it's really a matter of Grace that allows him to notice what's emerging next. Much of Stewart's inspiration has come from his ecstatic experiences with the inevitable landscapes of the American West where he reflects upon the human condition: our struggles, our beauty, our heartbreaking determination.
- Author(s)Stewart S Warren
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication02/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.