Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionUsing their tried-and-tested English Method training, the authors unpack the core learning issues, such as differentiation and the development of thinking skills, essential to all initial teacher training programmes. Linking theory and practice, with direct links to key theorists and ideas about learning, each chapter includes: a modelled analysis of a pupil's writing or talk on a particular theme; an exploration of the learning challenges within a specific age range or modality of English; focussed, practical activities centered upon a specific text, including oral, written, visual, multi-modal, print-bound and electronic material; and follow-up activities, including immediate questions for reflection, guided reading and ideas for use in the classroom. This is the complete guide that every trainee English teacher planning for learning in the secondary classroom needs.
- Author BiographyNicholas McGuinn is a Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of York, UK. Nicola Onyett is a PGCE English Tutor at the University of York, UK and Chief Examiner for A-level English Literature for a major UK awarding body.
- Author(s)Nick McGuinn,Nicola Onyett
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/12/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.