All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinuing on from the previously published Primary School English-Language Education in Asia: From Policy to Practice (Moon & Spolsky, 2012), this book compiles the proceedings which took place at the 2011 annual conference of AsiaTEFL which took place in Seoul, Korea. It surveys the current status, practices, challenges, and future directions of Secondary English education in 11 diverse countries - in Israel, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Vietnam and China. Given the importance of secondary English education as the central feature for continuing development of target language and culture in English language teaching in Asia, each contributed chapter includes key policies, theories, and practices related to the development and implementation of country-specific curricular and instructional programs in secondary English educational contexts in these countries. Secondary School English Education in Asia: From Policy to Practice critically analyses both sides of the English language debate - from advantages to complications - in its chapters including: * Educating for the 21st Century: The Singapore Experience * Miles to Go ...: Secondary Level English Language Education in India * English Language Education Invation for the Vietnamese Secondary School: The Project 2020 * Exploring the Value of ELT as a Secondary School Subject in China: A Multi-goal Model for English Curriculum Secondary School English Education in Asia will appeal to English Language Teaching (ELT) researchers, teacher educators, trainee teachers and teachers, primarily those teaching in Asia.
- Author BiographyBernard Spolsky is Professor Emeritus in the English Department at Bar-Ilan University, a Past President of International TESOL and of the International Language Testing Association, and has been Publications Director and Editor-in-Chief for AsiaTEFL since it was founded. Kiwan Sung is Professor at the School of Global Communication, Kyung Hee University, Korea and has served as book-editor-in-chief for AsiaTEFL Book Series since 2012.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Critical Studies in Asian Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBernard Spolsky,Kiwan Sung
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.