All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the Japanese tradition of hidden (or the secret transmission of) kwledge within a closed and often hereditary group, the author investigates how esoteric practices function, how people make meaning of their practices, and how this form of esotericism survived into the modern age. These questions are examined through the use of esoteric texts from the 15th to 18th centuries and theatrical treatises from the late 19th century onwards.
- Author BiographyMAKI MORINAGA is Assistant Professor of Japanese literature and theater at the University of minnesota, USA.
- Author(s)Maki Morinaga
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication11/05/2005
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight479 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.