All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the 1,000-year history of Bury St Edmunds, the town has acquired a mix of unexpected, weird and wonderful examples of buildings and the people associated with them. The old adage of looking up when going round any town is as true to Bury St Edmunds as with anywhere; for it is 'up' where many interesting gems of architecture, embellishments and ornamentations will be found. While buildings are obviously a link to the past and the people connected with them, retelling some of their stories brings history to life. Secret Bury St Edmunds goes behind the facades of the familiar to discover the lesser-kwn stories of Bury St Edmunds' fascinating past, brought to life through revealing images of the past and the present.
- Author BiographyMartyn was born and bred in Bury St Edmunds. Now retired having run, in conjunction with his wife Sandie, a successful flooring business for over thirty years. He was a committee member responsible for heritage and history for the Bury Society. On behalf of the Bury Society he was the co-ordinator of a blue plaque scheme for the town which was completed in 2012. This involved a lot of research including producing a pamphlet about the plaque recipients. On several occasions Martyn has liaised with the local press on various aspects of Bury St Edmunds. Over the years he have been involved with writing articles on the town's history and has contributed to 4 booklets produced by a local history group, Bury Heritage Guides. As an amateur historian he also gives power point talks on the history of the town.
- Author(s)Martyn Taylor
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleSecrets
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.