All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Reader in the field of intelligence studies focuses on policy, blending classic works on concepts and approaches with more recent essays dealing with current issues and the ongoing debate about the future of intelligence. The subject of secret intelligence has never enjoyed a higher profile. The terrorist attacks of 9/11, Madrid and London, the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, the missing WMD, public debates over prisoner interrogation, and new domestic security regulations have all contributed to make this a 'hot' subject over the past decade. Aiming to be more comprehensive than existing books, and to achieve truly international coverage of the field, this book provides key readings and supporting material for students and course convers. It is divided into four main sections, each of which includes full summaries of each article, further reading suggestions, and student questions: * The intelligence cycle * Intelligence, counter-terrorism and security * Ethics, accountability and control * Intelligence and the new warfare Comprising essays by leading scholars in the field, Secret Intelligence will be essential reading both for students and for anyone wishing to understand the current relationship between intelligence and policy-making.
- Author BiographyChristopher Andrew is a Fellow and President of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, Professor of Modern and Contemporary History and former Chair of the Faculty of History at Cambridge University. Richard J. Aldrich is Professor of International Security at the University of Warwick. Wesley K. Wark is an Associate Professor in the Department of History of the University of Toronto, a Fellow of Trinity College and an Associate of the Munk Centre for International Studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight952 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChristopher Andrew,Richard J. Aldrich,Wesley K. Wark
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.