Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Old Baptist Chapel is a fascinating tale of family life and faith, persecution and tolerance. The Chapel began life as a late-fifteenth century hall house which was later converted into a Nonconformist meeting house. Tucked away down one of Tewkesbury's famous medieval alleyways and standing in the shadow of the magnificent abbey, this hidden gem has borne witness to five hundred years of domestic and religious use. Today it stands as a reminder of a vibrant community of independent religious thinkers and their influence on the town and surrounding areas.
- Author BiographyThe Old Baptist Chapel is managed by the award-winning John Moore Museum, part of the Abbey Lawn Trust. The Trust is a building preservation charity which cares for significant listed buildings and the Abbey Lawns in the historic heart of Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)Jemma Fowkes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note24 col
- Weight50 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.