All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA nice butt and a gun - the first two things Dee Jones ticed about the tall sexy man in front of her - Nick Carson, ex-Navy Seal turned private detective. Their pleasant encounter is interrupted by a bank robbery. After the robbery, Nick invites Dee to lunch and they enjoy a first date of target shooting and passion. He can't resister her puzzling combination of hurt child and strong, sexy, independent woman. He is convinced patience and his skills as a private detective will gain him access to her heart and her secrets. Dee struggles with Nick's large and often interfering family who are steeped in law enforcement. With her checkered past, Dee vehemently distrusts cops. For Dee, family is just ather stone to weigh her down but Nick believes his family only makes him stronger. Could he be right? Nick draws her into the security of his loving family, showing her how positive family can be but still Dee hesitates even as she becomes attached to his family. Experience has taught her to keep her distance and t become entangled. Secrets must be kept or pain will result - both physical and emotional. Dee's stubborn insistence that Nick doesn't need to kw what's in her past drives a wall between them. Nick is drawn to her vulnerability but can't get past her refusal to share her past. In frustration, Nick investigates the woman he is quickly falling for. As the bank robbers are caught, Dee realizes she can't testify because just saying her name is a lie. Dee is forced to choose between running away and facing her past. Following her instincts, she opts to run but before she does she wants one last night with Nick. Anxiously awaiting his return from a business trip, Dee opens her door to her violent past. Dee is certain she must escape before more damage is done than a few bruises and a broken arm. She wants to find a way to be with Nick and for them to face her Secret Past.
- Author BiographyFrom poetry to novel, Eileen enjoys telling a good story or expressing a heartfelt emotion. She's been published in Circle Magazine, The American Tarot Association's Quarterly Journal, What's Cooking America, Children, Churches and Daddies, placed second in Words of Women 2010 Writing Contest, 2012 Daily Flash, and The Deadman's Tome. She has a bachelor's degree in business and a second bachelor's degree in English Professional Writing and Book Editing. On the side, she has a small editing business. In addition to her work, she loves to read, crochet, crafting, research genealogy, and spend time with family. She has three adult daughters and has been married to my husband for over 30 years.
- Author(s)Eileen Troemel
- Date of Publication11/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Suzanne Inez Jaillet-Isham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.