Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionSheffield is the fourth-largest city in England and was where the Industrial Revolution began in earnest. It is rewned for its high-quality steel and fine cutlery, for its two large universities and for having the biggest shopping centre in Europe, yet there is so much more to kw about this proud South Yorkshire city. In Secret Sheffield, Professor Ian Rotherham pulls back the carpet of history to reveal what lurks beneath. He delves into Sheffield's murky and mysterious past, its dark secrets and forgotten tales, introducing us to some nefarious characters along the way.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian D. Rotherham, an international authority on cultural and historical aspects of landscapes, is Reader in Tourism & Environmental Change at Sheffield Hallam University. He works with the BBC Radio 4 History Programme, and has appeared in and advised on many documentaries and news programmes such as Panorama and Horizon. Mel Jones is the author of numerous articles and books on the local history of South Yorkshire and for twelve years was BBC Radio Sheffield's 'History Man' with a regular half-hour live local history spot. He is a well-established Amberley author. Christine Handley is a local historian interested in industrial history and changing landscapes. She has written chapters in and edited books on the local history of selected Sheffield communities.
- Author(s)Christine Handley,Ian D. Rotherham,Mel Jones
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleSecret
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.