All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeonard provides the first comprehensive history of the Red Army's Intelligence Directorate, kwn today as the GRU, from its inception during the Russian Civil War up to the rise of Nazi Germany in 1933. During these early years of Soviet Army intelligence, the GRU actively promoted Communism internationally through insurrection and partisan warfare. It became deeply involved in espionage in Western Europe, the United States, and Asia. Making extensive use of primary sources, many of which have only recently become available, Leonard completes a story that has until w been often inaccurate or simply confused.
- Author BiographyRAYMOND W. LEONARD is currently an Instructor in the Department of History and Anthropology at Central Missouri State University. He has taught and lectured at the University of Kansas and Wichita State University. An expert on Soviet military studies, Dr. Leonard has also published on U.S. military history in The Journal of Military History.
- Author(s)Raymond W. Leonard
- Date of Publication30/12/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleContributions in Military Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 183
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteglossary, bibliography, index
- Weight536 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.