All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery town and village has a secret or two tucked away, Worthing is exception. This popular Sussex seaside resort on the south coast is an eclectic mix of Edwardian, Georgian and Victorian with a splash of Art Deco and a smattering of medieval, if you kw where to look. Local history book are an invaluable source of information, charting the development of a town, but there are oddities and curiosities that lack explanation or merit few words. It is these that James and Colin have set themselves the task of investigating. Few will realise they are walking in the footsteps of Oscar Wilde or Jane Austen, both of whom have been short term residents. Within these pages you'll discover stories of places, people and objects that cause the passers-by to question their existence, along with some that are more, leaving us ne the wiser. Join us as we discover those hidden secrets often in plain view.
- Author BiographyJames Henry is an established fiction author who also has an interest in local history. Teaming up with Colin Walton, they set about researching the history of their local pubs and hostelries dating back to the sixteenth century. It was inevitable that along the way they would accumulate a wealth of knowledge on their home town. Colin Walton is a born and bred Worthingite with a lifelong interest in history, having graduated with a BA (Hons) in the subject in 1996. He is co-researcher on the worthingpubhistory.com history site, and Worthing, The Curmudgeons Guide with James Henry. With a passion for the history of Worthing he is a tour guide for the National Lottery funded Worthing Heritage Alliance.
- Author(s)Colin Walton,James Henry
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleSecret
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note65
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.