Secrets Can be Murder: The Killer Next Door by Jane Velez-Mitchell (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSensational crimes have become a national pastime. We're obsessed with O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, Robert Blake and the like. Why? Because unlike the private realms of psychiatrist's offices, lawyer's offices, or bedrooms, in a public trial we are allowed to see what's really going on beneath appearances. Secrets spill out about the criminals: secrets like adultery, violence, gambling. Secrets spill out about suspects and friends and family on the periphery of these cases. Think about the Gary Condit and all of his secrets that were exposed during the Chandra Levy investigation. And as these secrets come to the surface, on a very deep level, we recognize what we see. These sensational trials mirror the darkest corners of our interior lives. In Secrets Can Be Murder, TV news journalist Jane Velez-Mitchell delves into the secrets that led to the sensational crimes by which we've all been fascinated. Through these cases, Velez-Mitchell details how our culture encourages double lives by demanding rigid conformity to pre-fabricated social structures that don't really fit anybody and how America's addiction to family values is creating a pressure cooker family that's ready to explode. Jane Velez-Mitchell offers her unique view from inside some of America's most volatile courtrooms. With private photos provided by victim's families and friends, and official court documents, search warrants, and transcripts, Secrets Can Be Murdermoves beyond convenient explanations and easy labels like psychopath and sociopath to find the truth within these terrible crimes. Recent discoveries and new debates surrounding the cases discussed in the hardcover edition - along with shocking new hidden secrets - are only included in the paperback edition.
- Author BiographyJane Velez-Mitchell frequently guest hosts for Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News and has reported for the nationally syndicated Warner Brothers/Telepictures show Celebrity Justice. A former reporter/anchor for WCBS-TV in New York City and KCAL-TV in Los Angeles, Velez-Mitchell has won numerous awards, including two Emmys for her work in New York City and Los Angeles. She lives in Los Angeles. Visit her website at www.secretscanbemurder.com.
- Author(s)Jane Velez-Mitchell
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- Content Note1-16 pp b-w insert
- Weight336 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byNancy Grace
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.