All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vietnam War lasted twenty years, and was the USA's greatest military failure. An attempt to stem the spread of Soviet and Chinese influence, the conflict in practice created a chaotic state torn apart by espionage, terrorism and guerilla warfare. American troops quickly became embroiled in jungle warfare and kwledge of the other side's troop movements, communication lines, fighting techniques and strategy became crucial. Panagiotis Dimitrakis uncovers this battle for intelligence and tells the story of the Vietnam War through the newly available British, American and French sources - including declassified material. In doing so he dissects the limitations of the CIA, the NSA, the MI6 and the French intelligence- the SDECE- in gathering actionable intelligence. Dimitrakis also shows how the Vietminh under Ho Chi Minh established their own secret services; how their high grade moles infiltrated the US and French military echelons and the government of South Vietnam, and how Hai's intelligence apparatus eventually suffered seriously from 'spies amongst us' paraia. In doing so he enhances our understanding of the war that came to define its era.
- Author BiographyPanagiotis Dimitrakis holds a doctorate in War Studies from King's College London, and is an expert on intelligence and military history. He is the author of The Secret War in Afghanistan (I.B.Tauris, 2013), and Military Intelligence in Cyprus: From the Great War to Middle East Crises (I.B.Tauris, 2010) amongst others.
- Author(s)Panagiotis Dimitrakis
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleInternational Library of Twentieth Century History
- Series Part/Volume Number83
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 bw integrated, 2 maps
- Weight522 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.