All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs terrorism spreads its tentacles worldwide, and US fights insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan, there is a renewed interest in successful Counter Insurgency (COIN) campaigns. This paper is a case study of the Punjab COIN campaign in India to derive applicable lessons for current and future campaigns. The Indian government was victorious in tackling the Sikh insurgency in the state of Punjab. The Indian success was a result of a coherent anti-terrorism campaign after years of vacillation and muddled strategy. The Punjab anti-insurgency campaign stands out as the most recent triumphant COIN campaign in the world fought in the glare of media, human rights groups, fast-paced communication, AK-47s and IEDs. With the benefit of hindsight, two clear lessons emerge from the Punjab campaign. First, a strong, charismatic and invative security forces leader is essential for the COIN campaign. Secondly, the government should utilize the security forces to create the environment for a political solution to the conflict.
- Author(s)Anant Mathur
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight95 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.