All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a researched-based book in which author Peter Jonas explores how humor can enhance both leadership performance and improve the learning environment. Jonas attempts to use research and brain-based concepts to build a theoretical foundation and then provides practical components for connecting leadership, learning, and humor. Individuals need to understand the theoretical nature of leadership before they can translate the concepts into practice on a daily basis. The same is true for humor. The main theme of the book is that the proper use of humor will t only increase learning comprehension, but it can be used as an important tool for leaders to enhance their effectiveness. Throughout the book, Jonas has interjected humorous jokes, stories, puns, exercises, activities, expressions, etc. in order to show specific examples to provide the reader with material that can be used in leadership situations and the classroom. The materials in the book can be learned, saved for later, or copied for immediate use. Moreover, each chapter is fun to read and contains practical points and examples of how to integrate humor into daily leadership activities and lesson plans. For teachers and leaders, or anyone in the field of education.
- Author BiographyPeter M. Jonas has been involved in higher education for more than 20 years, serving as a director of Institutional Research, assistant dean, and faculty member in the areas of research, leadership, and technology. Dr. Jonas has also been actively involved in consulting for the past 15 years, and made more than 50 presentations across the country on the topics of research (program evaluation), assessment, leadership, humor, and technology.
- Author(s)Peter M. Jonas
- Date of Publication11/08/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width175 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.