All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's rare that a medically trained scientist dares to venture into the mystical world of our cells and biology, but Dr. Barrett has both the courage and insights to do just that. By combining her scientifically trained mind with the wisdom of her heart, she takes us on an adventure of perceiving the inner workings of our bodies in a new way. This book will serve anyone curious about how our physical lives are related to this vast universe that we occupy. Leigh Fortson, author of Embrace, Release, Heal: An Empowering Guide to Talking About, Thinking About, and Treating Cancer In Secrets of Your Cells, biochemist Sondra Barrett puts us in touch with the incredible beauty and organization of the cells of the human body as she translates the small-scale life of cells into large-scale lessons for living. This is the work of someone with a genuine reverence for the sacredness of life. Larry Dossey, MD, author of Healing Words, Reinventing Medicine, and The Power of Premonitions Sondra has the gift of a scientist's mind wedded to an artist's heart. Eli Jaxon-Bear, author of From Fixation to Freedom: The Enneagram of Liberation.A guiding principle of the spiritual journey is to look within. Biochemist Sondra Barrett has done just that and discovered that our cells offer us invaluable wisdom for transformation, relationships, and healing. With Secrets of Your Cells, this scientist and mind-body teacher takes you on a provocative journey into our inner universe. Exploring the cell's astonishing architecture, intelligence, and ability to function harmoniously, this book offers practical exercises for applying the lessons of our cells to live well and thrive. Join Dr. Barrett to learn: Practical guidance for engaging cellular intelligence in everyday life through our thoughts, choices, and actionsInner wisdom embedded in our cells about sanctuary, letting go, and being in the present momentWhat our cells can teach us about communication, cooperation, and purposeHow the anatomy of our cells responds to energy, movement, and internal tensionCells and molecules as sacred art, as revealed by Dr. Barrett's fascinating color photographs of the inner and outer world Our cells are more than just fortuitous arrangements of chemicals, explains Dr. Barrett. They are a community of trillions of sentient entities cooperating to create a sanctuary for the human soul. Drawing on the insights from shamanic practices, energy medicine, and the wisdom of our body's fundamental building blocks, Secrets of Your Cells is a thoroughly researched and accessible resource for putting cutting-edge biology into action.
- Author BiographyPhD Sondra BarrettSondra Barrett, PhD, is a medical scientist and teacher who earned her degree in biochemistry from the University of Illinois Medical School followed by post-doctoral training in immunology and hematology at the University of California Medical School. Her cutting-edge research on normalizing the behavior of cancer cells led her to bridge medical science and healing strategies for children and adults with life-threatening illnesses. She delivers programs throughout the United States. A student of qigong, shamanism, and sensory education for more than 25 years, Sondra is an award-winning photographer and author of Wine's Hidden Beauty. For more, visit sondrabarrett.com.
- Author(s)Sondra Barrett
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Content NoteColour Photographs
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.