All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSalibi's previous book turned history upside down with its astonishing claim - based on an analysis of Arabian place names - that the Old Testament's true setting was t Palestine but western Arabia. His thesis provoked worldwide controversy. Salibi is unrepentant. Far from retracting his theory, in his new book he takes it an important stage further through a re-examination of some of the best-kwn Bible stories. Did Adam exist? Is the story of the Flood rooted in Arabian mythology? Who was Abraham? Did the Exodus really begin in Egypt? These and other questions receive startling answers which are bound to re-open the furious debate which Salibi's theory has unleashed.
- Author BiographyKamal Salibi is a Lebanese historian. He is the author of many books, including The Bible Came from Arabia, The History of Modern Jordan and A House of Many Mansions: The history of Lebanon Reconsidered. He is currently Director of the Royal Institute of Inter-Faith Studies in Amman, Jordan.
- Author(s)Kamal S. Salibi
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2004
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content Note8 M.
- Weight290 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.