All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIf you ve ever wondered why you don t kw more about Ninjas, it s because their methods have always been secret. Secrets of the Ninja reveals how, for centuries, Ninjas have gone about protecting their secrecy, maintaining their ambiguity, and stealthily hiding their craft from the world. The word ninjitsu originated in sixth-century Japan. Originally, the role of the Ninja was to gain information about the enemy and to sabotage his operations. Over the centuries the sect (which might be called the original Fifth Column) preferred the art of boring from within. The Ninja long ago perfected the art and techniques of covert entry, especially designed to infiltrate enemy territory in wartime. Traditionally, the Ninja s duty demands one, or all, of three actions: espionage, sabotage, assassination. The taboos against death-dealing keep the agents of ninjitsu cloaked in the shadow of their own deeds. But, the successful Ninja owes his very life to those shadows, within whose darkest shade he waits in ambush, invisible even to those who search. Some techniques included in the book are: The five preferred methods of Inpo, or the art of hiding Kimo-ninja, a technique on how to appear invisible Momi--jitsu, or how to observe your enemy from his perimeter Secrets of the Ninja is the first book to describe the inner workings of this remarkable legion. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sportsbooks about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. In addition to books on popular team sports, we also publish books for a wide variety of athletes and sports enthusiasts, including books on running, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, martial arts, golf, camping, hiking, aviation, boating, and so much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAshida Kim is an internationally renowned martial arts expert who teaches and lectures on Ninjitsu around the world. He has written fifty books on martial arts. In 2009 he was inducted into the USKA Martial Arts Hall of Fame as Grandmaster of the Year. He resides in Lake Alfred, Florida.
- Author(s)Ashida Kim
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.