All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRussia's dominance in modern chess was founded on a uniquely successful program of chess instruction. Now this program has been streamlined and adapted for American readers in a pair of books that will help readers develop, step by step, from total vicehood to an enjoyable and competitive recreational level. Volume 1 covers the fundamentals of the game, from beginning strategies to energetic endgames. Learn from the start t just how the pieces move, but also where and why to move them. Volume 2 goes beyond the basics to cover advanced strategy, hard-hitting openings, and classic attack and defense tactics. Both books sharpen and test your chess skills with practical, educational chessercizes that make your movements more muscular. Advance in the game-and have fun doing it-using the techniques that produced a long line of Soviet champions.
- Author BiographyInternational Grandmaster Lev Alburt, three-time U.S. champion and former European champion, is one of the most sought-after chess teachers in the world. He lives in New York. Larry Parr is former editor of Chess Life and the author of many articles on chess play and instruction.
- Author(s)Larry Parr,Lev Alburt
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2003
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Notediagrams
- Weight410 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.