All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn June 2010 Hilary Coveney was detained under section 3 of the mental health act in England. During the three and a half years of her detention her life changed in many ways. She experienced restraint and was forcibly medicated but also experienced amazing support and companionship. This book is her story of what happened.
- Author BiographyHilary Coveney has been writing and telling stories since she was a small child. She has worked in many fields including as a care assistant, a play worker, a life model and a curriculum support worker producing Braille and large print resources. Hilary has a Biology honours degree and a post graduate diploma in psychology. She has had mental health problems including anorexia nervosa since childhood and was diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder (or BPD) in her early 20's. Shortly afterwards she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. The two conditions together proved very difficult to manage and lead to a 3 and a half year admission in 2010 which included time spent in low secure services. This experience is the subject of her first book 'Sectioned' and her first poetry collection 'Behind Hospital Doors'. Hilary continues to write as she attempts to thrive in spite of her health problems.
- Author(s)Hilary G Coveney
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.