All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSecular Lives, Sacred Hearts contends that the traditional sociological account of secular Britain is misleading and that we should learn to think in terms of the nation being 'culturally Christian'. The church should therefore take seriously those occasions when ministry is sought - such as baptisms, weddings and funerals - and try to puzzle out what it is that people are seeking. Offering some clues based on small scale research done in his own parish, the author argues for a recovery of the idea of the local church as a parish church - concerned for all within its boundaries. The overall purpose of the book is to encourage both clergy and laity at a time when the winds of secularism are blowing a little cool.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Alan Billings is Director of the Centre for Ethics and Religion at the University of Lancaster, and an Anglican parish priest in Kendal. He is the author of Dying and Grieving: A Guide to Pastoral Ministry (SPCK 2002).
- Author(s)Alan Billings
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2004
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.