All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book works in tandem with the OpenBSD's manual pages. As a result, it will help many users grow and get the most from the system. -Theo de Raadt, OpenBSD project leader. The OpenBSD system intimidates many administrators who would benefit from using it. This book lets people start much higher up on the curve. Secure Architectures with OpenBSD t only presents the hows, but also shows some of the whys that only insiders kw. -Mike Frantzen, NFR Security Secure Architectures with OpenBSD explains all of the tasks an administrator has to kw about to successfully maintain an OpenBSD server. It helps the reader save time by condensing the vast amount of information available in man pages into a compact form, reducing unneeded information, and explaining other things in much more detail and prose than a man page can afford. -Daniel Hartmeier, the OpenBSD Project This book will become the de facto text for OpenBSD administration. Unix and BSD books abound, but ne cover OpenBSD with the clarity and expertise of Palmer and Nazario. They explain the optimal way to configure and administer your OpenBSD machines, with a keen eye to security at all stages. -Brian Hatch, coauthor of Hacking Exposed Linux and Building Linux Virtual Private Networks Descended from BSD, OpenBSD is a popular choice for those who demand stability and security from their operating system. No code goes into OpenBSD without first undergoing a rigorous security check, making it a terrific choice for Web servers, VPNs, and firewalls. Secure Architectures with OpenBSD is the insider's guide to building secure systems using OpenBSD. Written by Brandon Palmer and Jose Nazario, this book is a how-to for system and network administrators who need to move to a more secure operating system and a reference for seasoned OpenBSD users who want to fully exploit every feature of the system. After getting readers started with OpenBSD, the authors explain system configuration and administration, then explore more exotic hardware and advanced topics. Every chapter of the book addresses the issue of security because security is integrated into almost every facet of OpenBSD. Examples appear throughout the book, and the authors provide source code and system details unavailable anywhere else. This goes well beyond the basics and gives readers information they will need long after they have installed the system. Key topic coverage includes:* Installation and upgrade details * Basic system usage in OpenBSD versus other Unix systems * Third-party software via packages and the ports tree * SMTP services in OpenBSD * Web services with Apache * Using OpenBSD as a firewall * OpenBSD as a Kerberos V client and server * Use of Ipsec * Configuration and use of IPv6 * Network intrusion detection Secure Architectures with OpenBSD takes you inside OpenBSD, giving you the insights and expertise system manual can provide. The companion Web site tracks advances and changes made to the operating system, and it contains updates to the book and working code samples.
- Author BiographyBrandon Palmer is a member of Crimelabs Security Research Group, a think tank and consulting firm, and has performed security audits and penetration testing for networks and systems. Jose Nazario is a senior software engineer at Arbor Networks, an Internet security company. As a member of the OpenBSD project, he has written ports, made bug notes, and contributed to the code. Jose also runs the community forum at www.deadly.org and serves as a consultant and researcher at Crimelabs Security Research Group.
- Author(s)Brandon Palmer,Jose Nazario
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/04/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Weight816 g
- Width181 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.