Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uniquely applies the security reform agenda to Southeast Asia. It investigates recent developments in civil-military relations in the region, looking in particular at the impact and utility of the agenda on the region and assessing whether it is likely to help make the region more stable and less prone to military interventions. It provides an historical overview of the region's civil-military relations and goes on to explore the dynamics of civil-military relations within the context of the security sector reform framework, focusing on the experiences of four of the region's militaries: Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia. It argues that although regional militaries have t necessarily followed a 'Western' model, significant developments have occurred that are broadly in keeping with the security sector reform agenda, and which suggests that the prospects for stable civil-military relations are brighter than some sceptics believe.
- Author BiographyMark Beeson is Professor of International Politics at the University of Birmingham. His research is centred on the politics, economics and security of East Asia. His latest book is Regionalism, Globalization and East Asia (Palgrave, 2007). Alex Bellamy is Professor of International Relations at the University of Queensland. His research is centred on the normative dimensions of military power. His latest book is Just Wars: From Cicero to Iraq (Polity, 2006).
- Author(s)Alex Bellamy,Mark Beeson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Security in Asia Pacific Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.