All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to provide you with the kwledge needed to protect computers and networks from increasingly sophisticated attacks, SECURITY AWARENESS: APPLYING PRACTICE SECURITY IN YOUR WORLD, Fifth Edition continues to present the same straightforward, practical information that has made previous editions so popular. For most computer users, practical computer security poses some daunting challenges: What type of attacks will antivirus software prevent? How do I set up a firewall? How can I test my computer to be sure that attackers cant reach it through the Internet? When and how should I install Windows patches? This text is designed to help you understand the answers to these questions through a series of real-life user experiences. In addition, hands-on projects and case projects give you the opportunity to test your kwledge and apply what you have learned. SECURITY AWARENESS: APPLYING PRACTICE SECURITY IN YOUR WORLD, Fifth Edition contains up-to-date information on relevant topics such as protecting mobile devices and wireless local area networks.
- Author BiographyMark Ciampa is Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Previously, he served as Associate Professor and Director of Academic Computing for 20 years at Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, Tennessee. Dr. Ciampa has worked in the IT industry as a computer consultant for the U.S. Postal Service, the Tennessee Municipal Technical Advisory Service, and the University of Tennessee. He is also the author of many Cengage/Course Technology books, including Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals; CWNA Guide to Wireless LANs, 3e; CWSP Guide to Wireless Security; Guide to Wireless Communications; and Networking BASICS. He holds a PhD in digital communication systems from Indiana State University.
- Author(s)Mark D. Ciampa
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight420 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.