All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines and assesses the main security factors influencing Euro-Mediterranean relations at the start of the twenty-first century. Developing a theoretical framework based on the security complex, this book provides an empirical analysis of security challenges in the Euro-Mediterranean area that distinguishes between short, medium and long-term threats and highlights the political, military, ecomic, societal and environmental issues that are already serving as a source of instability in the region. Including analysis of the 2011 Arab Spring, the author examines the consequences and looks to the future of security in the Euro-Mediterranean region. Ackwledging the strategic significance of this region between Europe and the Middle East, the book identifies the main stakeholders within today's debate on the future of Euro-Mediterranean relations and focuses on their main security interests in this region. It features a policy analysis of the main actors in the Mediterranean, including NATO, the United States, and the European Union and addresses issues including illegal migration, terrorism, religious intolerance and the lack of human rights Security Challenges in the Euro-Med Area in the 21st Century be of interest to students and scholars of European Politics, Security Studies and International Relations.
- Author BiographyStephen Calleya is Professor and Director of the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies (MEDAC) at the University of Malta, Malta.
- Author(s)Stephen C. Calleya
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in European Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.