All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you, as a busy security executive or manager, stay current with evolving issues, familiarize yourself with the successful practices of your peers, and transfer this information to build a kwledgeable, skilled workforce the times w demand? With Security Leader Insights for Risk Management, a collection of timeless leadership best practices featuring insights from some of the nation's most successful security practitioners, you can. This book can be used as a quick and effective resource to bring your security staff up to speed on security's role in risk management. Instead of re-inventing the wheel when faced with a new challenge, these proven practices and principles will allow you to execute with confidence kwing that your peers have done so with success. Part one looks at the risk assessment and subtopics such as compliance, using risk assessments to increase security's influence, and risk indicator dashboards. Part two discusses risk management topics such as board-level risk, global risk, risk appetite, and enterprise risk management (ERM). Security Leader Insights for Risk Management is a part of Elsevier's Security Executive Council Risk Management Portfolio, a collection of real-world solutions and how-to guidelines that equip executives, practitioners, and educators with proven information for successful security and risk management programs.
- Author BiographyRichard Chase is a multi-disciplined executive with experience defining and conferring strategy and policy at the international, national, and regional levels. He has served as the chief security officer for the U.S. Department of Justice and as a senior executive for a multi-national corporation with enterprise security, safety, and environmental health responsibilities. Mr. Chase has a proven record of success in the establishment of new corporate organizations and the recovery of failing operations. He is experienced in designing and directing domestic, international, and in-theatre service models, while also highly skilled in creating significant improvements in corporate processes, productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction. Mr. Chase is a subject matter expert in the fields of security, information assurance, life safety, business resiliency, compliance, and law enforcement. He is board certified as a Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), and Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) through ASIS International; board certified in Risk Information Systems Controls through the Information Systems Audit and Control Association; a certified Fraud Specialist through the Association of Certified Fraud Specialists; and a certified Criminal Investigator through the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. Mr. Chase participates in numerous professional organizations, including ASIS International, as a member of the Board of Directors; the International Association of Chiefs of Police, Police Standards, Image, and Ethics Committee; and the Department of Defense, Defense Industrial Base, Sector Coordinating Council. Mr. Chase's academic achievements include a master of science degree from Michigan State University, with a focus on security management; a bachelor degree through the University of Montana; and a graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) National Academy, 195th Session. Mr. Chase is a past recipient of the prestigious Presidential Rank Award, conferred by President George W. Bush, and the U.S. Department of Justice, Attorney General's Award of Excellence, for Senior Executive Service.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight130 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edited byBob Hayes,Richard Chase
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.