All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Security Operations Management continues as the seminal reference on corporate security management operations. Revised and updated, topics covered in depth include: access control, selling the security budget upgrades to senior management, the evolution of security standards since 9/11, designing buildings to be safer from terrorism, improving relations between the public and private sectors, enhancing security measures during acute emergencies, and, finally, the increased security issues surrounding the threats of terrorism and cybercrime. An ideal reference for the professional, as well as a valuable teaching tool for the security student, the book includes discussion questions and a glossary of common security terms. Additionally, a brand new appendix contains contact information for academic, trade, and professional security organizations. It offers fresh coverage of both the business and technical sides of security for the current corporate environment. It covers the strategies for outsourcing security services and systems.
- Author BiographySince 1970, Robert McCrie has written, edited, researched, taught, and consulted broadly in issues related to security management (protection of assets from loss) and criminal justice. He edits Security Letter and was founding editor-in-chief of Security Journal, a research journal, and now is editor emeritus. He has been associated with John Jay College since the 1970's. He joined the faculty in 1985, moving up the ranks to full professor and serving as chair of one of the largest departments, Law, Police Science and Criminal Justice Administration from 1997-2003. He later helped found his current department.
- Author(s)Robert McCrie
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication08/02/2007
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/04/2016
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1130 g
- Width184 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.