All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if you could sit down with some of the most talented security engineers in the world and ask any network security question you wanted? Security Power Tools lets you do exactly that! Members of Juniper Networks' Security Engineering team and a few guest experts reveal how to use, tweak, and push the most popular network security applications, utilities, and tools available using Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix platforms. Designed to be browsed, Security Power Tools offers you multiple approaches to network security via 23 cross-referenced chapters that review the best security tools on the planet for both black hat techniques and white hat defense tactics. It's a must-have reference for network administrators, engineers and consultants with tips, tricks, and how-to advice for an assortment of freeware and commercial tools, ranging from intermediate level command-line operations to advanced programming of self-hiding exploits. Security Power Tools details best practices for: reconnaissance - including tools for network scanning such as nmap; vulnerability scanning tools for Windows and Linux; LAN reconnaissance; tools to help with wireless reconnaissance; and custom packet generation; Penetration - such as the Metasploit framework for automated penetration of remote computers; tools to find wireless networks; exploitation framework applications; and tricks and tools to manipulate shellcodes; Control - including the configuration of several tools for use as backdoors; and a review of kwn rootkits for Windows and Linux.It also details best practices for: Defense - including host-based firewalls; host hardening for Windows and Linux networks; communication security with ssh; email security and anti-malware; and device security testing; Monitoring - such as tools to capture, and analyze packets; network monitoring with Honeyd and srt; and host monitoring of production servers for file changes; Discovery - including The Forensic Toolkit, SysInternals and other popular forensic tools; application fuzzer and fuzzing techniques; and, the art of binary reverse engineering using tools like Interactive Disassembler and Ollydbg. A practical and timely network security ethics chapter written by a Stanford University professor of law completes the suite of topics and makes this book a goldmine of security information. Save yourself a ton of headaches and be prepared for any network security dilemma with Security Power Tools .
- Author BiographyBryan Burns is the technical editor and general project leader of this book. He is the Chief Security Architect for Juniper Networks with more than a decade of experience in the security networking field and with numerous posts at leading network security companies. All other contributors are security engineers and researchers working at Juniper Networks in various posts both in the security network lab and in the field.Steve Manzuik has more than 13 thirteen years of experience in the information technology and security industry. Steve founded and was the technical lead for Entrench Technologies. Prior to Entrench, Mr. Manzuik was a manager in Ernst & Young's Security & Technology Solutions practice. Steve co-authored Hack Proofing Your Network, Second Edition (Syngress, 1928994709).Dave Killion (NSCA, NSCP) is a senior security research engineer with Juniper Networks, Inc. Formerly with the U.S. Army's Information Operations Task Force as an Information Warfare Specialist, he currently researches, develops, and releases signatures for the NetScreen Deep Inspection and Intrusion Detection and Prevention platforms. Dave has also presented at several security conventions including DefCon and ToorCon, with a proof-of-concept network monitoring evasion device in affiliation with several local security interest groups that he helped form. Dave lives south of Silicon Valley with his wife Dawn and two children, Rebecca and Justin.
- Author(s)Bryan Burns,Dave Killion,Eric Markham,Eric Moret,Jennifer Granick,Julien Sobrier,Michael Lynn,Nicolas Beauchesne,Paul Guersch,Steve Manzuik
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication14/09/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1338 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine48 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.