All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade, the EU and China have expanded their relations beyond a focus on ecomic and trade issues to the sphere of security. Taking a broad definition of security, a multidisciplinary approach, and a comparative perspective (including scholars from both Europe and China), this book provides an in-depth analysis of the extent to which the EU and China t only express similar threat concerns, or make declarations about joint responses, but also adopt concrete measures in the pursuance of security cooperation. In particular, the book seeks to explore a range of key themes in the field of EU-China security cooperation such as nuclear proliferation, international terrorist threats and cyber attacks. Besides providing an overview of the areas where security cooperation exists and where it does t, it also highlights the aspects of convergence and divergence and the reasons for their occurrence.
- Author BiographyEmil J. Kirchner is Jean Monnet Professor and Coordinator of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at the University of Essex. His research and publications deal with EU security policy and EU-Asian relations. Thomas Christiansen is Jean Monnet Professor of European Institutional Politics and Co-Director of the Maastricht Centre for European Governance at Maastricht University, The Netherlands. Han Dorussen is Professor of Political Science at the University of Essex and has published widely on trade and conflict, peacekeeping operations and the governance of post-conflict societies, civil protection, and policy convergence in the European Union.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byEmil J. Kirchner,Han Dorussen,Thomas Christiansen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.