Security Science: The Theory and Practice of Security by Clifton Smith, David J. Brooks (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $92.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSecurity Science integrates the multi-disciplined practice areas of security into a single structured body of kwledge, where each chapter takes an evidence-based approach to one of the core kwledge categories. The authors give practitioners and students the underlying scientific perspective based on robust underlying theories, principles, models or frameworks. Demonstrating the relationships and underlying concepts, they present an approach to each core security function within the context of both organizational security and homeland security. The book is unique in its application of the scientific method to the increasingly challenging tasks of preventing crime and foiling terrorist attacks. Incorporating the latest security theories and principles, it considers security from both a national and corporate perspective, applied at a strategic and tactical level. It provides a rational basis for complex decisions and begins the process of defining the emerging discipline of security science.
- Author BiographyClifton L. Smith, PhD is a retired Associate Professor of Security Science in the School of Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia. He developed their Security Science programs (BS, MS, and PhD) beginning in the 1980s, and helped establish their Security Science Research and Test Laboratory. He continues to conduct research in ballistics imaging, security knowledge and understanding, biometric imaging, and security education. Professor Smith has consulted in Australia, Southeast Asia, UK and India on security training programs, physical security audits, CCTV and infrared surveillance techniques, security lighting evaluation, and perimeter technology testing. David J Brooks, PhD, is Senior Lecturer and research leader at Edith Cowan University, Australia, teaching and researching Security Science. Dr. Brooks specializes in security knowledge structure, security risk management and security technology. Past positions include the Australian Defence Force West Australian Infrastructure Plant Contract Manager, Senior Security Consultant with AMLEC House consulting group and others, and military service in the Royal Air Force, Air Defence group. Current research involves developing the theory of entropic security decay, defeat testing of security technology, use of resilience as an aid to National Security Vetting and Building Management System vulnerabilities.
- Author(s)Clifton Smith,David J. Brooks
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Weight650 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.