All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the revised and expanded 2nd edition of a book that Security Magazine called fascinating and full of thought triggers. Security Sound Bites offers quotes, observations, and anecdotes about security that'll make you think and make you laugh. We hear from the likes of Britney Spears and Albert Einstein, B movie dialog through ancient Greek dead guys, John Locke to Dan Quayle. Whether you're a cop, security officer, IT professional, security sales person, technician, government employee, or security manager, you'll find food for thought in this unique book. These quirky quotations can be used as a springboard for discussion with your security colleagues, or as an interesting way to open a meeting or close an email. Or they can be something to ponder on your own. In this new, revised, and expanded 2nd edition, there are over 1,600 quotations and anecdotes covering 46 topics including cyber security, security management, cryptography, biometrics & access control, vulnerability assessments, risk management, locks & seals, homeland security, crime, and the insider threat. Includes insightful and irreverent commentary from an experienced vulnerability assessor.
- Author BiographyRoger G. Johnston, Ph.D., CPP, is head of the Vulnerability Assessment Team at Argonne National Laboratory. He was the founder and head of the Vulnerability Assessment Team at Los Alamos National Laboratory from 1992 to 2007. Dr. Johnston has provided consulting, training, vulnerability assessments, research, and security solutions for dozens of organizations including private companies, NGOs, and government organizations such as the IAEA, Euratom, the U.S. Department of State, DoD, and DOE/NNSA. Johnston graduated from Carleton College (1977), and received M.S. & Ph.D. degrees in physics from the University of Colorado (1983). He has authored over 150 technical papers and 70 invited talks (including Keynote Addresses), and has received 10 U.S. patents. Johnston serves as the Editor of The Journal of Physical Security. He is frequently interviewed by the news media, security journals, and security bloggers for his views on security.
- Author(s)Roger G Johnston
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.