All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Roman times down to the eighteenth century, the South West of England comprised a striking example of the importance of matters of security and defence to a local society easily threatened by external enemies and by internal conflicts and tensions. These studies provide a fascinating series of vignettes illustrating perennial and enduring problems in the history of the British Isles.
- Author BiographyRobert Higham is Senior Lecturer in Archaeology, University of Exeter. His research interests cover two broad topics relating to the medieval period: the general theme of defence, in both its military and social aspects, and the medieval archaeology of South West England. He has directed a number of excavations and published several books. He has particular interests in the interplay between archaeological and historical data in the medieval period. Specific areas of research include urban defence, the archaeology, social and settlement history of castles and castle-building society, and the settlement history of Greater Exmoor.
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication27/11/1987
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byRobert Higham
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.