Security in Computing by Charles P. Pfleeger, Shari Lawrence Pfleeger (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.50+ AU $13.80 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by sunsetbooksandmedia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New State-of-the-Art in Information Security: Now Covers the Ecomics of Cyber Security and the Intersection of Privacy and Information Security For years, IT and security professionals and students have turned to Security in Computing as the definitive guide to information about computer security attacks and countermeasures. In their new fourth edition, Charles P. Pfleeger and Shari Lawrence Pfleeger have thoroughly updated their classic guide to reflect today's newest techlogies, standards, and trends. The authors first introduce the core concepts and vocabulary of computer security, including attacks and controls. Next, the authors systematically identify and assess threats w facing programs, operating systems, database systems, and networks. For each threat, they offer best-practice responses. Security in Computing, Fourth Edition, goes beyond techlogy, covering crucial management issues faced in protecting infrastructure and information. This edition contains an all-new chapter on the ecomics of cybersecurity, explaining ways to make a business case for security investments. Ather new chapter addresses privacy--from data mining and identity theft, to RFID and e-voting. New coverage also includes * Programming mistakes that compromise security: man-in-the-middle, timing, and privilege escalation attacks * Web application threats and vulnerabilities * Networks of compromised systems: bots, botnets, and drones * Rootkits--including the torious Sony XCP * Wi-Fi network security challenges, standards, and techniques * New malicious code attacks, including false interfaces and keystroke loggers * Improving code quality: software engineering, testing, and liability approaches * Biometric authentication: capabilities and limitations * Using the Advanced Encryption System (AES) more effectively * Balancing dissemination with piracy control in music and other digital content * Countering new cryptanalytic attacks against RSA, DES, and SHA * Responding to the emergence of organized attacker groups pursuing profit
- Author BiographyCharles P. Pfleeger is an independent information security consultant and principal of the Pfleeger Consulting Group. He specializes in threat/vulnerability analysis, system design review, certification preparation, expert witness testimony, and training. Shari Lawrence Pfleeger, a senior information scientist at the RAND Corporation, has written ten books on software engineering, measurement, and quality, including Software Engineering: Theory and Practice, Third Edition (Prentice Hall, 2006). She was named one of the world's top software engineering researchers by the Journal of Systems and Software.
- Author(s)Charles P. Pfleeger,Shari Lawrence Pfleeger
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/10/2006
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1574 g
- Width184 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.