All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new account of Monmouth's rebellion of 1685 and the Battle of Sedgemoor. The author focuses on the confrontation between Monmouth and John Churchill, the future Duke of Marlborough, and provides a graphic reassessment of the campaign. He retraces the routes taken by the opposing armies across the West County, following every twist and turn the soldiers took 300 years ago, and provides a powerful insight into the course of the decisive battle. In a fascinating new analysis of the campaign he challenges some of the common assumptions about the actions of the commanders and the nature of the armies involved, and he includes a tour of the battlefield.
- Author BiographyJohn Tincey has specialised in the study of warfare in the Elizabethan and Stuart reigns, covering the period 1560-1715 and he has written numerous books and articles on the subject. Among his publications are Armies of The Armada Campaign 1588, Soldiers of the English Civil War, The British Army 1660-1704, Edgehill 1642, Ironsides: English Cavalry 1588-1688 and Blenheim 1704.
- Author(s)John Tincey
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeo Cooper Ltd
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.