All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSedimentary rock covers almost 75% of Earths surface, but as is weathers away it reveals clues about Earths past that help us understand our world. This text takes readers inside the layers of sedimentary rock that have covered our planet for millions of years. Readers will read about how these rocks form through compaction and lithification, and how weathering and erosion destroy them. The standards-based text supports elementary science curricula, covering topics such as the many kinds of sedimentary rock, rock identification, and fossils. The text also explores how people use sedimentary rocks, and where on Earth the most beautiful examples are found. Stunning photographs, sidebars, and fact boxes further enhance the learning experience.
- Author(s)Richard Spilsbury
- PublisherPowerKids Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleEarth's Rocky Past
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPowerKids Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width208 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.