All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe book reflects the results of the study of sedimentation history, paleoclimatology, and paleoceagraphy of the Arctic and Subarctic during the last 130 ka. The main objects under consideration are marine basins of the West Subarctic (Iceland, Norwegian, and Greenland Seas), the Arctic Ocean (Barents, Pechora, Kara, Laptev, East Siberian, Chukchi Seas and deep-sea Arctic Ocean proper), East Subarctic (Bering and Okhotsk Seas). The modern environment and geological history of water- (ice-) sheds and marine basins have been studied for each region, using different sedimentological and geochemical proxies. Mainly results of the authors' own studies are represented, with special emphasis on glacial/interglacial variability and land-ocean interaction. The book is aimed at sedimentologists, quaternary and marine geologists, paleoclimatologists and paleoceagraphers, as well as being of great interest to students in the related fields.
- Author BiographyM.A. Levitan was born in 1946 and graduated from Moscow State University in 1969. Both scientific degrees (Ph. D. - 1975, and Dr. Sci. - 1990) are received for marine geology studies. Main scientific interests are concentrated in the fields of sedimentology and inorganic geochemistry of marine sediments, and paleoceanography. M.A. Levitan, Head of Laboratory of sedimentary geochemistry in V.I. Vernadsky Institute of Geochemistry and Analytical Chemistry RAS (Moscow), is (co-) author of more than 200 publications including several monographs (in Russian). He participated in 21 scientific cruises in all main areas of the World Ocean. Yu.A. Lavrushin was born in 1931 and graduated from Moscow State University in 1954. He has both scienticfic degrees (Ph.D. - 1963, and Dr.Sci - 1973). Main scientific interests lay in the field of stratigraphy and sedimentology of terrestrial and marine sediments. Yu.A. Lavrushin, Head of RAS Comission on Quaternary Studies (Moscow), is (co-) author of about 200 publications including several monographies (in Russian). R. Stein, born in 1954, completed his Ph.D. thesis at the Geology Department at Kiel University in 1984. After a research stay at the Institute for Petroleum and Organic Geochemistry at the KFA Julich and an assistent professorship at the Institute for Geosciences and Lithosphere Research, Giessen University, he moved in 1991 to the Alfred Wegener Institute (Bremerhaven) where his main research interest concentrates on reconstruction of paleoenvironment of the Arctic Ocean and adjacent Eurasian continental margin, using sedimentological and organic-geochemical proxies. R. Stein has participated in >15 major research cruises in the Arctic, Atlantic, and Pacific Oceans, and is (co-) author of >120 publications in international journals.
- Author(s)M. A. Levitan,Yu A. Lavrushin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Earth Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number118
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note91 black & white illustrations, 57 black & white tables, biography
- Weight640 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.