All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSediments in aqueous systems are of increasing interest to academics, researchers, practitioners and stakeholders around the world. This book t only covers the characteristics of the sediments themselves, but also their physico-chemical impact on aquatic habitats and subsequent management implications. There is a strong focus on methods and instrumentation for collecting data and monitoring of environmental sediment quality and as a result, a wide range of environments are considered - from urban areas to freshwater estuaries and marine ecosystems. The chapters have been written by international specialists in the field, ensuring a good breadth of examples, experiences and case studies throughout. This book will appeal to a broad spectrum of interests from geographers, to engineers and environmental scientists, and at undergraduate to post graduate and academic researcher levels.
- Author BiographyCristiano Poleto is a civil engineer and sedimentologist. He is Professor at Hydraulic Resources Institute (IPH) and has published seven books in Brazil. His research and teaching interests include sediments, urban watersheds, and urban hydrology. He is also project supervisor for a number of research students (graduates and postgraduates). <p>Susanne Charlesworth is Reader in Urban Physical Geography at Coventry University, Coventry, UK. She is Leader of a Sustainable Drainage Applied Research Group and her research interests are mainly the impacts of urbanization on the physical environment and its mitigation by sustainable means.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight642 g
- Width193 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCristiano Poleto,Susanne M. Charlesworth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.