All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFact #1: Forty years after the feminist revolution, fewer than 2 percent of Fortune 1000 CEOs are women.
Fact #2: The playing field is t level.
Fact #3: You need to get over this.
Chairman of the flagship office of the largest advertising agency network in the world, Nina DiSesa is a master communicator, a ceiling crasher, and a big-time realist. In Seducing the Boys Club, DiSesa shows you how S&M-seduction and manipulation-is the secret to winning over (and surpassing) the big guys. She asserts that women need to meld their female characteristics (nurturing, compassion, intuition) with male traits (decisiveness, focus, confidence, humor) to expand their professional horizons. DiSesa also shares her practical, outrageous, and even controversial maxims for making it, including
- Learn to appreciate men. Men like women who like them.
- Remember that women are biologically wired to succeed.
- If you want to make a name for yourself, find a mess and fix it. A secure and comfortable job only holds you back.
- Act brave and you will look brave.
- Screw the rules. Make up your own.
Whether dead-on funny or deadly serious, DiSesa is always on her game, always on message, and absolutely on target as she arms women (men, too!) with the can-do confidence and -compromises attitude they need to climb as high as their ambition can carry them-while keeping their standards impeccable and their integrity intact.
- Author BiographyNina DiSesa has worked in the quintessential boys clubs of advertising for almost thirty years. In 1994, she became the first woman EVP, Executive Creative Director for McCann Erickson New York, the flagship office of the largest advertising agency in the world. Under her creative leadership, the New York office enjoyed an unprecedented 5-year growth period adding almost $2.5 billion in billings. In 1998, she was made Chairman as well as Chief Creative Officer of McCann New York. She was the first woman and first creative director to be named chairman in the McCann global network.
In 1999, Nina was chosen by Fortune magazine as one of the 50 Most Powerful Women in American Business. In 2005, she received the Matrix Award, given each year to a select group of women in communication. In 2007, she was inducted into the Hall of Fame for CEBA (Creative Excellence in Business Advertising).
Nina and her husband live in an apartment in NYC and escape to their 45-acre horse farm in Dutchess County, New York.
From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Nina DiSesa
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.