All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionSee, an award-winning quarterly journal published by The Friends of Photography, presents photography and writing that explore the impact of lens-based images on contemporary culture and probe our perceptions and understandings of the visual world. See places the medium of photography within the broad discourse of visual culture, including art, advertising, mass media, and literature. Unlike conventional photography-related journals, See lets photographers speak for themselves about their work and gives writers the freedom to address visual issues across a broad spectrum of concerns. Photographs ranging from contemporary to historical, as well as images from other lens-based media and new electronic environments, are featured in tandem with fiction, poetry, essays and critical commentary that respond to our image-dominated surroundings. In addition to reproduced portfolios of photographs and writings, each volume of See includes a section of artist's pages; reviews of current exhibitions, books and multimedia titles; and regular columns that address the formative and functional aspects of visual culture.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/1996
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Out-of-print date26/03/2009
- Content Note51
- Weight408 g
- Width224 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byAndy Grundberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.