About this product
- DescriptionMagical realism and a modern Cinderella story makes for a fun and relatable M!X read. Sixth grade is t going well for Calliope Meadow Anderson. Callie s hair is frizzy, her best friend, Ellen, is acting weird, and to top things off, she has to get glasses. And her new specs aren t even cute, trendy glasses more like hideously large and geeky. But Callie soon discovers that her glasses have a special, magical perk: When she wears them, she can read people s thoughts. Crazy glasses aside, Callie has more drama to face when she s cast as the lead in the school play and instead opts to be an understudy, giving the role of Cinderella to Ellen. Can Callie s magic glasses help her see her way to leading lady, or is she destined to stay in the background forever?
- Author BiographyJenny Lundquist grew up in Huntington Beach, California, wearing glasses and wishing they had magic powers. They didn t, but they did help her earn a degree in Intercultural Studies at Biola University. Jenny has painted an orphanage in Mexico, taught English at a university in Russia, and hopes one day to write a book at a cafe in Paris. Jenny and her husband live in northern California with their two sons and Rambo, the world s whiniest cat.
- Author(s)Jenny Lundquist
- PublisherAladdin Paperbacks
- Date of Publication20/03/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAladdin Paperbacks
- Weight331 g
- Width147 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.