Seeing Data: Designing User Interfaces for Database Systems Using .Net by Rebecca M. Riordan (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $76.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRebecca provides an invaluable resource to help developers focus on a commonly overlooked but vital part of an application-the user experience. -David Sceppa, Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation Rebecca Riordan takes UI programming and practices to new heights. She has gone byond simply explaining the theory behind UI programming practices, providing code samples that are practical, well-documented, and can be immediately incorporated into a development project. -Wendy Chun, AVP/Product Development, SunGard Insurance Systems Riordan has produced what is THE reference guide on user interface design in .NET. Serious developers and beginners alike will learn both design techniques that can put applications over the top and pitfalls to avoid. -Kelly J. Martens, Manager, Information Systems and Development, JJ Koepsell Company Build Outstanding User Interfaces with .NET: Principles, Techniques, and Code Nowadays, users and clients demand exceptionally usable software. But few developers are trained to create high-quality user interfaces, and few .NET books offer much help-until w. In Seeing Data, Microsoft MVP Rebecca M. Riordan shows how to use .N ET's advanced UI tools to build applications that reflect today's interface design best practices. She offers visual examples, code, and techniques for every .NET project. Writing for experienced .NET developers, Riordan introduces core principles of effective interface design-including focus, flow, alignment, proximity, contrast, and consistency. She demonstrates how to architect databases for better usability, and how to build more effective form layouts. Next, she systematically tackles user interaction, showing how to: * Help users navigate DataSets, manipulate data, and generate reports * Utilize menus, toolbars, buttons, and Help systems * Enforce data integrity * Simplify installation and customization Riordan covers essential technical underpinnings ranging from GDI+ Managed Classes to ADO.NET data binding. She presents dozens of Visual Basic .NET examples-all designed for easy, quick reuse, and downloadable from the book's companion Web site, along with C# equivalents.
- Author BiographyRebecca M. Riordan has more than fifteen years of experience designing and developing databases and other applications. She is a Microsoft MVP and a frequent speaker at conferences, including Microsoft TechEd. She is the author of many books, including Seeing Data: Designing User Interfaces for Database Systems Using .NET (Addison-Wesley, 2005). Her other highly respected books include Designing Relational Database Systems (1999), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Programming Step by Step (2000), and ADO.NET Step by Step (2002), all published by Microsoft Press.
- Author(s)Rebecca M. Riordan
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/07/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1048 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.