All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive mograph exploring the unique work of sound artist Gordon Monahan. For over 30 years Gordon Monahan (1956-) has created music, sound sculpture, sound installation, and computer-controlled sound environments that range from avant-garde concert music to multi-media installation and sound art. As a pianist he has premiered and performed work by John Cage, Udo Kasemets and James Tenney. As a composer he has created a substantial body. As a sound artist he has invented sound installations combining natural forces with manmade objects in environments ranging from museums to the outdoors. This publication is the first comprehensive mograph of Monahan's body of work. Among the subjects explored are Monahan's Berlin years (1992-2006), the influence of Fluxus and Pop, and the art and music scenes of his Toronto beginnings.
- Author(s)Gordon Monahan
- PublisherRobert McLaughlin Gallery
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- LanguageEnglish, French and German
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert McLaughlin Gallery
- Content Note40 colour illustrations
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.