Seeing Things John's Way: The Rhetoric of the Book of Revelation by David A. DeSilva (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 14 Mar
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe emotionally evocative power of the book of Revelation has been often ted and experienced by interpreters, but until w it has never been systematically explored. The strange visions of the book of Revelation provide some of the most difficult passages of the New Testament, yet Christians have long been fascinated by its power and provocative prouncements. David deSilva analyzes how the book argues and persuades us to see the world through the eyes of John, and suggests that the study of ancient rhetoric is particularly valuable in understanding the book of Revelation. deSilva interprets the book of Revelation as a rhetorical and communicative strategy to persuade a particular audience for specific goals. Throughout this analysis, he pursues John's construction of his own authority, John's use of emotion and logic, and his attempt to shape the formation of the reader. Despite the complexities of Revelation, deSilva has produced a remarkably clear text sure to cause readers to rethink their view of Revelation.
- Author BiographyDavid A. deSilva is Trustees' Distinguished Professor and Professor of New Testament and Greek at Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland, Ohio. He is the author of several books on the New Testament.
- Author(s)David A. DeSilva
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/06/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.