All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Putnam to talk of facts without specifying the language to be used is to talk of thing; object itself has many uses and as we creatively invent new uses of words we find that we can speak of 'objects'that were t 'values of any variable'in 1 any language we previously spoke . The tion of object becomes, then, like the tion of reference, a sort of open land, an unkwn territory. The exploration of this land - pears to be constrained by use and invention. But, we may wonder, is it possible to guide invention and control use? In what way, in particular, is it possible, at the level of na- ral language, to link together program expressions and natural evolution? To give an answer to these onerous questions we should immediately point out that cognition (as well as natural language) has to be considered first of all as a peculiar fu- tion of active biosystems and that it results from complex interactions between the - ganism and its surroundings. In the moment an organism perceives an object of wh- ever kind, it immediately begins to 'interpret'this object in order to react properly to it ...It is t necessary for the monkey to perceive the tree in itself...What counts is sur- 2 vival .
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleTheory and Decision Library A:
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 38
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note112 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight789 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byArturo Carsetti
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.