All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionA history of midway attractions and the showmen who presented them on American midways from the 1870s to World War II, this fantastic, fully illustrated book showcases the manufacturers of the Polly-Moo-Zuke, the Two-Headed Giant and the Devil Fish, as well as stories of hoochie coochie dancing bears, monkeys racing miniature racecars and the strange people who made a living eating snakes. See war criminals, wax out-laws and papier mache torture victims. Learn about illusion on the midway and tricks of the trade in a journey into an age of America's last real showmen.
- Author BiographyA W Stencell is a full-time author with a particular interest in carnivals. His previous book was the critically-acclaimed Girl Show, a fascinating history of dancing carnival girls (currently available from Turnaround).
- Author(s)A.W. Stencell
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content Note300ill.
- Weight774 g
- Width1 mm
- Height1 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.