All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered whether more people own a car in England than in France, or which country gives the most to charity? Not a day goes by without such facts and figures being quoted in the media for us all to ponder or discuss at the pub. Seeing the Bigger Picture is jam-packed with fascinating statistics about countries the world over. Each chart displays information using illustrated visuals, rather than dry words and traditional graphs or pie charts, which represent the data as well as the context of the study. In this book, readers can discover a wealth of facts about each country across many topical subjects, including: Cancer survival; Childhood mortality; Church attendance; Cinema attendance; Carbon dioxide emissions; Coca-Cola consumption; Defence spending; Football attendances; Government debt; House prices; Hours of sunshine; Illegal drug consumption; Immigration; Lifespan; Literacy Murder rates; Number of children per family; Personal debt; Pet ownership; Population density; Rainfall; Smoking; Weight, and more. Informative, fun and easy to understand, all readers will enjoy seeing the bigger picture behind the world we live in.
- Author BiographyClaire Cock-Starkey is a freelance writer and editor andthe former series editor for Schott's Almanac.
- Author(s)Claire Cock-Starkey
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date12/10/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.